Friday, April 10, 2009

(News) Lots of actors are Expendable.



For those of you who know me on a personal basis, you've heard me speaking about this since last year. After Rocky Balboa and Rambo, Stallone has become a celebrity on another level to me. He's managed to make sequels just as near and dear to me as the originals were and right all the wrongs from before. So it's no surprise that when I heard he's doing another war film, I immediately was all ears. It's a project he's writing, starring, and directing called The Expendables. In the spirit of those great action films that we don't get to see anymore, (I'm not kidding, you call what we get these days action movies?) Stallone has combined some of the best talents of today and yesterday to make a monster of a film. His casting continues to grow and principal photography has already started, if he's on schedule that is. The many actors lined up for this opus of testosterone are: Slyvester Stallone, Mickey Rourke, Dolph Lundgren, Jet Li, Jason Statham, Steve Austin, Randy Couture, Charisma Carpenter, Eric Roberts, Terry Crews (who replaced 50 Cent within days of his announcement, thank you Stallone), and Arnold Schwartzenegger is rumored to appear as the president of the United States. As of today, I got wind that two more people have been added to the cast, Brittany Murphy and David Zayas. To my understanding, Zayas is supposed to be the dictator that Stallone & crew is sent in to overthrow. Zayas is a phenomenal actor on so many levels. You may know him best as the lovable cuban detective Angel Batista in Dexter. Though if any of you dig a little deeper and watch OZ, he's possibly the best villain the spanish crews had on that show. His one day takeover with Enrique Morales is proof enough that Zayas is more than qualified to do this role. As soon as I get more info on this project, I'll let you guys know. On that note: THANK YOU STALLONE!!!

No comments: